India Post GDS 2nd Merit List:-India Post GDS 2nd Merit List :-Recently, the Indian Ministry of Communications Postal System India Post has invited applications for a total of 40889 vacancies for the posts of Gramin Dak Sevak, Branch Postmaster, and Assistant Branch Postmaster under various regions and postal circles of India. The application process for these positions is currently ongoing.
India Post GDS 2nd Merit List 2023
The Indian Ministry of Communications, through the Postal System of India Post, had recently invited applications for a total of 40,889 vacancies for the posts of Gramin Dak Sevak, Branch Postmaster, and Assistant Branch Postmaster across various regions and postal circles in India. The application process ended on February 16, 2023, and lakhs of candidates who participated in the process were eagerly awaiting the release of the India Post GDS Result and State Wise Merit List.
On March 11, 2023, India Post released the results, and detailed information on the region-wise India Post GDS 2nd Merit List is provided in this article. This is great news for all candidates who applied under the respective dates for the Gramin Dak Sevak Vacancies released by India Post for various regions, as the India Post GDS Result for all circles has recently been released. The India Post GDS 2nd Merit List will also be released soon.
India Post GDS Merit List 2023
|Posts||Gramin Dak Sevak|
|Selection Process||Direct Selection on the basis of Merit|
|India Post GDS Result 2023||11 March 2023|
|Next Step After the Result||Document Verification|
The merit list contains the names of candidates who are eligible for the vacant Gramin Dak Sevak posts in their respective postal circles. Candidates can check the merit list on the official website and those who are selected will proceed to the final appointment and document verification round.
India Post GDS Selection Process 2023
The India Post GDS (Gramin Dak Sevak) selection process involves the following stages:
- Application process: Candidates must first apply for the GDS vacancies through the official website of India Post.
- The merit list is compiled based on the marks obtained by candidates in their 10th standard examination. The candidates who score the highest marks are given priority and are placed at the top of the list..
- Document verification: Candidates who are shortlisted in the merit list will be called for document verification. In this stage, candidates must provide all the necessary documents and certificates to prove their eligibility.
- Final selection: After document verification, a final selection list will be prepared based on the candidate’s merit and verification of documents. The selected candidates will be offered an appointment as per the vacancies available under the respective postal circle.
It is important for candidates to fulfill all the eligibility criteria and provide correct information during the application process and document verification to avoid disqualification.
For candidates who were not selected in the India Post GDS 1st Merit List, there is no need to worry as India Post will soon release the 2nd Merit List with a lower cut-off mark. Candidates who have been selected in the 2nd Merit List will need to verify their documents in the document verification round to secure the final appointment to the posts of Gramin Dak Sevak. Details about the location and schedule for document verification will be communicated to the candidates via email.
Documents Required for India Post GDS DV Round?
Candidates who are shortlisted for the document verification (DV) round of India Post GDS selection process will need to bring the following documents:
- Marksheet and certificate of class 10th: Candidates must bring their original certificate and a photocopy of the marksheet and certificate of class 10th.
- Date of Birth (DOB) certificate: Candidates must bring their original DOB certificate such as a birth certificate or SSLC/SSC/ Matriculation certificate issued by a recognized board.
- Computer Certificate: Candidates who have applied for the post of Branch Post Master (BPM) must bring their computer training certificate.
- Community Certificate: Candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwD) must bring their original community certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Identity Proof: Candidates must bring a valid photo identity proof such as Aadhar Card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, or Driving License.
- Passport size photographs: Candidates should bring at least two passport size photographs.
It is recommended to carry both original and photocopies of all the documents mentioned above for the verification process. Candidates should also carry other relevant documents if any, specified by the respective Postal Circle.
How to Check the India Post GDS 2nd Merit List 2023?
To check the India Post GDS 2nd Merit List 2023, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of India Post – www.appost.in/gdsonline/home.aspx
- Click on the “Result Released” tab.
- Select your respective state/circle for which you applied.
- The PDF file of the merit list will open on your screen.
- Press “Ctrl+F” and enter your name/registration number to check your status in the merit list.
- If your name appears on the list, you are eligible to proceed to the document verification round.
Note: It is recommended to take a printout of the merit list for future reference.